Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Atkins Diet - Induction Phase - Day 2 - Breakfast Omlette

Its day 2 of Atkins diet Induction phase. Breakfast went well. I have to tell you thats the best part of the whole day :) . I make a two egg omlette with onions , bell peppers and cheese. I think I'm going to make this everyday.

Breakfast Omlette:
Ingredients:
Eggs - 2
Finely chopped red onions - 1/4 cup
Finely chopped bell pepper - 1/4 cup
Olive oil - 1 tsp
Butter - 1 tsp
Water - 1 tsp
Shredded cheddar cheese - 1 oz , about a small handful
salt and pepper to taste

Recipe:
1. Heat oil in a small omlette pan in medium heat.
2. Add chopped onions and bell peppers.
3. While its cooking, beat together eggs, salt, pepper and water till the eggs color is light yellow.
4. When the onions and bell peppers are cooked, add butter to the pan.
5. Swirl the melting butter aroud the pan.
6. Add the egg mixture and swirl the pan so that the egg mixture covers the whole pan.
7. Turn the pan to low heat and close the pan.
8. After about 2 mins, open the pan. There will be some runny egg mixture on top.
9. Sprinkle the shredded cheese on top.
10. Use a spatula and fold the omlette over the cheese.
11. Close the pan again.
12. Switch off in a min. Omlette ready!!!

I absolutely love this. Its fluffy and cheesy.

So, here is the menu for today

Breakfast: Omletter
Snack: Atkins bar - I personally like the caramel nut bar
Lunch: Rosemary roasted Chicken and vegs
Snack: Atkins shake - Dark Chocolate royale
Dinner: Tuna salad on lettuce

Ok, so, I was craving sugar so badly today and I had a jello right after breakfast!! I could not help it! But I think I'm getting a hold on the sugar cravings. I did NOT have jello after dinner. Yeah!!

No comments: