Lemon Pound Cake
1 cup butter, softened
2 cup sugar
2 tsp vanilla
3 cups sifted flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup buttermilk
Juice of two lemons
Grated lemon rind od two lemons
- Pre-heat oven to 350F. Butter and flour a 10 inch bundt pan.
- Combine all dry ingredients in a mixer bowl and stir them together.
- Add butter, vanilla, buttermilk and lemon juice to this.
- Beat the mixture at stir speed for a minute.
- Beat the mixture at medium-high speed for about 2 mins.
- Turn the speed to low and add one egg at a time with 15 seconds between the additions.
- Turn to medium speed for about 30 seconds
- Fold in the lemon rind
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 1 hr and 15 mins.
You can mix 1 cup icing sugar with lemon juice to make a glaze and pour it over the cooked cake. The cake was very flavourful.