Thursday, July 10, 2008

Rajma Chapathi

After I found a really cool way to add protein to my chapatis, I have been trying out different types of beans and lentils. So, this time the experiment was on Rajma - Red Kidney beans. I had a vision of nice red chapatis. But the end result was not exactly the bright red I expected :) . But it tasted real good. Here is how I made it.


Rajma Chapati

Ingredients


Durum Atta - 1 cup
Cooked Rajma - 1 cup
Salt - 1/4 to 1/2 tsp
Oil/Ghee - 2 tsp
water - as needed




Instructions:




  1. Mix salt and atta together in a bowl

  2. Add oil and mix well

  3. Grind rajma to make a paste

  4. Add the paste to the atta mixture and mix well

  5. Add water if needed to make soft and pliable chapathi dough

  6. Coat it with oil, wrap it with plastic wrap and let it rest for 30 mins

  7. Take a lemon sized ball of dough and roll out the dough into a thick chapathi

  8. Heat tawa. You can apply oil or ghee if you want to.Place the chapathi on the hot tawa.

  9. Turn it over once you start seeing the bubbles form.

  10. Take it out once its cooked on both sides.

I served it with Chicken curry. It was a big hit with my family.


No comments: