Karramani Kadalai Chapath
Durum Atta - 1 cup
Boiled black eyed peas/ Karramani - 1/2 cup
Boiled channa/Garbanzo/Kadalai - 1/2 cup
Salt - 1/4 to 1/2 tsp
Oil/Ghee - 2 tsp
water - as needed
- Mix salt and atta together in a bowl
- Add oil and mix well
- Grind black eyed peas and channa together to make a paste
- Add the paste to the atta mixture and mix well
- Add water if needed to make soft and pliable chapathi dough
- Coat it with oil, wrap it with plastic wrap and let it rest for 30 mins
- Take a lemon sized ball of dough and roll out the dough into a thick chapathi
- Heat tawa. You can apply oil or ghee if you want to
- Place the chapathi on the hot tawa.
- Turn it over once you start seeing the bubbles form.
- Take it out once its cooked on both sides.