Saturday, May 3, 2008

Birthday, Anniversary and Lunch

Today is my parents 30th wedding anniversary and my MIL's birthday. So, it had to be celebrated in style. We invited my MIL's brother's family for lunch for the occasion. Usually we just make chicken biryani and accompaniments. But this time, my MIL wanted a vegetarian virindu. It took me around 4 hours to make everything. I got all except for two of the recipes from fellow bloggers. They turned out perfectly. I followed all the recipes to the T. I have marked the recipes I got from other blogs below. Everything else are my originals, if you can call then that. Here is the menu for lunch,



Mango Kesari from MyFoodCourt
Parrupu and Ghee from Mishmash
Murungaikai Sambar

Beans Poriyal

Vendaikai Pulikolambu

Bottlegourd Kootu From Neivedyam

Thakali Rasam

Potato Fry from Priya's Kitchen

Curd and Mango Pickle

Appalam

Semiya Payasam

Parrupu Payasam from One bite at a time


Here are the results,



No comments: