Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Mango banana smoothie

What do you do with left over mango puree, bland mango chunks and an overripe banana? You make a smoothie out of it. When I went home from work yesterday, there were just couple of leftover ingredients which I didn't know what to do with individually. I had some mango puree which was in a big bowl and taking most of the space in the fridge. I had an overripe banana nobody would go near. I also had a mango which had absolutely no taste. It was either make something out of them immediately or throw them out. Since I was not ready to throw them out, I made a smoothie out of it.

Mango Banana Smoothie
Ingredients:
Mango Puree - 1 cup
Mango chunks - 1/2 cup
Ripe banana - 1
Milk - 3/4 cup or to the consistency you like
Yogurt - 2 Tbsp
Sugar - 2 Tbsp or to taste
Cardamom - 1
Instructions:

  1. Place mango puree, mango chunks, banana and yogurt in a blender.
  2. Blend them well.
  3. Add enough milk to bring the smoothie to the consistency you like.
  4. Powder the cardamon and add it to the smoothie.

The smoothie was refreshing and sweet. While I made this as a evening snack, this would make a great breakfast smoothie too. I'm submitting this for hosted by Arundati at Escapades .



Since milk, yogurt and banana are rich in calcium, I'm submitting this for hosted by Food Blogga

Here is the result,
















2 comments:

Anonymous said...

dear shoba,

thanks for the wonderful entry to may mango madness....smoothies are a great way to kickstart the day....catch you at the roundup

Susan from Food Blogga said...

I just had a mango and banana smoothie for breakfast yesterday! It's one of my favorite fruit combos, so I just love this entry.

Many thanks, Shoba.
Susan