Thursday, May 15, 2008

Raspberry Custard

I made a simple sponge cake couple of days back and I had some egg yolks left. My MIL used some of them to make scrambled eggs. I still had two egg yolks left. The only thing that came to my mind to make use of these two egg yolks was custard. I had some raspberries also. So, I made Raspberry custard. Here is the recipe,

Raspberry Custard
Ingredients
Egg yolks - 2
Heavy cream - 3/4 cup
Sugar - 3 tbsp
Vanilla - 1/4 tsp
raspberries - some

Instructions

  1. Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees F
  2. Place egg yolks, heavy cream, vanilla and sugar in a bowl and beat well.
  3. Arrange the raspberries on the bottom of a small oven safe glass/ceramic bowl/ramekin.
  4. Pour the egg mixture on top
  5. Bake it in the pre-heated oven for 50 mins
  6. Then cool the custard and chill

You can serve the custard warm also. The custard was smooth and sweet. The fresh raspberries was burst of flavour in midst of the smooth and sweet custard.


Here is the result,








I'm submitting this for two events.

The first one is hosted by Ammalu's kitchen.

The second event is hosted by Baking Delights


No comments: