Thursday, April 24, 2008

Lemon Pound cake

Ever since I saw the 10-shilling cake at Food,In the main, I have been waiting to try it. I got the perfect oppurtunity when we decided to take a road trip to STL to visit my BIL and family there. I did double the recipe since I had 10 inch bundt pan. I changed the method of making the recipe. Here is the recipe,

Lemon Pound Cake
Ingredients
1 cup butter, softened
2 cup sugar
4 eggs
2 tsp vanilla
3 cups sifted flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup buttermilk
Juice of two lemons
Grated lemon rind od two lemons

Instructions



  1. Pre-heat oven to 350F. Butter and flour a 10 inch bundt pan.

  2. Combine all dry ingredients in a mixer bowl and stir them together.

  3. Add butter, vanilla, buttermilk and lemon juice to this.

  4. Beat the mixture at stir speed for a minute.

  5. Beat the mixture at medium-high speed for about 2 mins.

  6. Turn the speed to low and add one egg at a time with 15 seconds between the additions.

  7. Turn to medium speed for about 30 seconds

  8. Fold in the lemon rind

  9. Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 1 hr and 15 mins.

You can mix 1 cup icing sugar with lemon juice to make a glaze and pour it over the cooked cake. The cake was very flavourful.



No comments: