1 Cup Butter
1/2 tsp Almond extract
1/2 tsp Orange extract
3/4 cup sugar
2 eggs, beaten
1 tsp cream of tartar
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp Green Cardomon pwd
1/4 tsp salt
2 cups All purpose flour
- Pre-heat oven to 400F.
- Combine all the dry ingredients except the sugar in a medium bowl.
- Place butter and extracts in a mixer bowl.
- Using the flat beater attachment, beat this mixture at medium speed till smooth and creamy, about 2 minutes.Stop and scrape the bowl.
- Turn the beater to medium speed and gradually add 3/4 cup sugar and mixing well till blended about 1.5 minutes
- Add the eggs and beat for about 30 seconds. Stop and scrape the bowl.
- Stir in the dry ingredients and mix till well blended.
- Spray the baking sheet with PAM and drop teaspoonfulls of dough abour 3 inches apart.
- Bake this in the oven for about 6 to 8 mins.
- Sprinkle sugar when the cookie is still hot.
I omited the last step since I was going to ice the cookies. I got the icing recipe from here. The icing was perfect. Once the cookies were cool, I iced them. When the icing was hard, I mixed some water with red icing gel and painted the message on top of the cookie.