Sunday, April 13, 2008

Eggless Chocolate chip cookies

Happy Tamil New Year and Happy Vishu!!!! We were invited for lunch by our family friend for Tamil New year. They are vegetarians. So, I thought I will make eggless chocolate chip cookies. I searched for 'eggless chocolate cookies' in the net. All the recipes I found were for crispy cookies. I like chewy soft cookies. The basic recipe I used was from BHG cooking book. I used the tips I got from the net to make the cookies. The end recipe was a soft and chewy cookie. You can do lot of experimenting and variations with this recipe. You can add cashew to make this cookie with nuts. You can omit cocoa pwd and substitute regular chocolate chips. Here is the recipe,

Eggless Chocolate Chip Cookies
Ingredients
All purpose Flour - 1 1/4 cup
Cocoa pwd - 3 Tbsp
Butter - 6 Tbsp
Oil - 2 Tbsp
Sugar - 1/2 cup
Honey - 1tbsp
Baking soda - 1/4 tsp
Yougurt - 1/4 cup
Vanilla - 1/4 tsp
Orange extract - 1/4 tsp
White chocolate chips - 1 cup



Instructions:





  1. Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees F


  2. Cream butter in a mixing bowl using an electric mixer till fluffy


  3. Add oil to this and beat some more


  4. Add sugar and honey and beat it till well mixed


  5. Add yougurt, vanilla and orange extract and beat well


  6. In a bowl, mix flour, cocoa pwd and baking soda


  7. Add this to the butter mixture and mix till combined


  8. Fold in the white chocolate chips


  9. Drop teaspoon-full of batter on unlined cookie sheet


  10. Bake the cookies in the pre-heated oven for 9 - 11 minutes
The resulting cookie was crispy on the outside and soft and chewey on the outside. When we went for the lunch, the kids were ecstatic when I gave them the cookies. Their Mom is an exceptional cook but baking evades her. I promised them that I'll send them the cookie recipe. I love it when kids go crazy over the simplest things.

No comments: